Cost, Financing, and Economics
Cost, Financing, and Economics - learn more
- Where did the $300,000 for this study come from?
- Is the relicensing decision contingent on funding?
- At what point do we need to secure funding?
- How much will electric rates go up if the dams are removed and restoration is complete?
- What costs besides the relicensing costs might we be required to cover once a license is granted?
- What is the likelihood that the Army Corp of Engineers will engage in a dam removal project?
- Does the City recognize that the hydros will need to be replaced at some point? Are we saving money for this eventuality?
- What are some of the overall costs of dams that are removed of the same size as the dams in River Falls?
- How many city maintenance jobs will be gained or lost with removing the dams?
- What is the increased cost of dam removal to a City taxpayer per $100,000 of house value?
- What type of private funding might be available in River Falls? Cash or in-kind (construction)?
- When the City evaluates its hydroelectric profits and losses, why doesn’t the City include all the costs that it has to pay out?
- What costs will we need to incur for future maintenance to our dams?
- Exactly which taxpayers bear the brunt of this project – City of River Falls, County?
- Based on a $12 million expenditure for dam removal, what is the anticipated property tax impact for the home owner?